Saturday, November 27, 2010

Masking a Masculine Birthday & Happy Thanksgiving

Masculine cards are so difficult for me to create, because I have to try to keep them from being too fancy.  But, for one of my Technique & Tool Tuesday classes a few months ago we worked on the "MASKING" technique and I think I ended up with a great masculine card too.

I came up with the color combination using the color coach (click link to go to a post on that subject).  The colors of Night of Navy, Poppy Parade, Sahara Sand and Whisper White turned out nicely together, I think.

The second project that we did for the MASKING technique was a Thanksgiving card, using the Paisley Prints stamp set from the HOLIDAY MINI CATALOG.  This is a special stamp set for me, because it's one that I received for free, being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator who attended convention.  (yippie)  This was an easy color combination for the holiday using Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Old Olive and Very Vanilla.

TECHNIQUE TIP - Masking is a fun technique that adds depth to your stamped projects and allows you to place images over each other without distorting the image.  

Stamp the image you would like to have in the foreground (front) of the scene on your cardstock.  Stamp the same image on a Post-It Note, making sure that part of the image is on the sticky part of the paper.  Cut image carefully, cutting slightly inside the lines.  This will be your mask.  Layer your mask over the image on the cardstock.  Stamp the next image over your mask to create a layered image.  This will be the image you want in the background of your scene.

Sharing JOY...one stamp at a time!
Debbie

No comments: